LEGOLAND's Castle Hotel Opens with 250 Rooms of Medieval-Themed Fun
Abracadabrick The Castle Hotel is Open!
Los Angeles Moms looking to get away for a weekend with their kids have a new reason to visit Carlsbad. The LEGOLAND Resort's newest hotel, The LEGOLAND Castle Hotel opened on Friday featuring 250 premium themed rooms, each with a king-size bed and separate sleeping area with a bunk bed for the kids with LEGO play tables, curtains for additional privacy and their own TV.
Located steps away from the LEGOLAND California theme park, the new LEGOLAND Castle Hotel opened its gates after a festive inaugural ceremony that included Medieval trumpet-playing heralds, lords on horses, a hawk that delivered the key to the hotel and a loud "Abracadabrick" from dozens of children waiting anxiously to explore the royal facility.
“It’s hard to imagine that just five years ago we were standing on a construction site just like this announcing North America’s first LEGOLAND Hotel which has proven to be extremely popular with our guests,” said LEGOLAND Castle Hotel Manager Frank Idris.
Idris added that the LEGOLAND Castle Hotel was named one of Trip Advisor’s top 25 Hotels for families in the United States. It's also the first hotel in Carlsbad to achieve the Environmentalist level from the California Green Lodging Association due to additional conservation efforts that were implemented.
LEGOLAND Castle Hotel
By The Numbers:
- 2,100 LEGO Models seen throughout the hotel
- 250 Premium Themed Hotel Rooms (of which 20 are suites)
- 3 Floors, each featuring a different theme (Magic Wizard, Royal Princess and Knights and Dragons)
- 2 Dining Areas, including the Dragon's Den Restaurant & Bar and the Castle Pool Bar & Grille. A breakfast buffet at the Dragon's Den is included with your stay.
- 1 Outdoor Royal Courtyard with a Castle Courtyard Stage for live performances, an outdoor movie theater and a large playground, including a LEGO DUPLO play area for the younger kids.
- 1 Zero entry pool featuring interactive water play features and hot tub.
“Staying in a LEGOLAND Hotel is an adventure in itself and only adds to the overall experience families are treated to when they visit LEGOLAND California Resort,” said LEGOLAND California's General Manager Peter Ronchetti. “Adding LEGOLAND Castle Hotel proves how much LEGOLAND California Resort has become a multi-day destination for families with children ages 2-12 wanting to be fully immersed into the world of LEGO®.”
For more information on booking hotel reservations, visit: www.LEGOLAND.com/castlehotel.